Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, February 19, 2009

FINALLY!


Brek has had his two front teeth loose since probably Thanksgiving. I thought for sure that they would be out by Christmas. Boy, was I wrong. They had been hanging, dangling, whatever you want to call it for two weeks but with a little bit of bribery, Jed was FINALLY allowed to pull the last one last Monday. The bribe (by me) was given to Brek when it was the Classic Fun Center night for the elementary school. Both Brek and Kaden love going there and I told Brek that morning that if he got that ugly tooth out of his mouth by the end of the school day then we could go that night. He agreed! Jed just shook his head at me, knowing that Brek would never get it out but was happy at the same time because he was going to make me stick to my word about NOT going to Classic Fun Center unless the tooth was out.
Well, Brek came home from school and the tooth was still in his mouth. I reminded him of our deal and of course, tears followed. He said that he had been wiggling it all day but it just wouldn't come out. He wanted me to try! I didn't want to do it. I've never pulled a tooth before, it really seems kind of gross to me and I knew what would happen if I were to try to pull it and it didn't come out. More tears....and that is exactly what happened. I felt bad, even though it was just hanging there, it really was still kind of stuck in the gums.
Brek didn't want Jed to do it because he thought that he would make it hurt too bad so he spent the next 20 minutes crying about it. He was so afraid of the pain and Jed just told him he needed to get up enough courage to let him pull it. A few minutes later, I was in the kitchen and Brek comes walking in wide-eyed and reaches for a paper towel. He had let Jed pull it. Jed had just put his finger nail behind the tooth and ripped the sucker out. Brek was so proud once it was out and off we were to Classic Fun Center!
From the looks of his teeth, I think we better start saving for the braces now!

3 comments:

  1. That crack me up about how scared he was. Cole was the same way. Now if he has a loose tooth he waits until his 6 month cleaning at the dds and then asks for the gas and has the dds pull it. Brec looks so cute in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Breck!! It's funny how boys can be so rough and tough - but sensitive at the same time! I loved that story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so glad to finally see that tooth gone. He cracks me up with his teeth. I remember at the park when Jared flicked one of his other teeth into the grass. I think he will ever be half afraid of Jared because of that. Tell him we are so proud :)

    ReplyDelete