Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bring on the cake!


Isn't it absolutely crazy how fast and how slow a year can go by? It's hard to believe that just barely over a year ago, our cute Kyler came into this world. It seems like we've had him forever but yet being pregnant with him is still TOO fresh in my mind to know that it really wasn't quite so long ago. :)

Kyler has been such a fun addition to our family. One thing I have loved about having the three boys is how much alike they have looked, especially during their first year. I mean, really, can't our genes come up with something new?? Sometimes I will see a picture and even I won't be sure which one of them it is. There are some differences though. Kyler has much more hair than Brek did (he was a baldy), it's darker than Kaden's was and whoa, where did his eyelashes come from?? So cute.

He is a great baby and a FANTASTIC sleeper. I don't know how we got so lucky. Honestly, he gets excited to go lay down in his crib. He'll go down with a smile, look at the cars on his bumper pads and within a few minutes, he'll be out. So great except if I need to go somewhere and he misses a nap, then I'm in trouble.

For Kyler's birthday we did two mini parties, one with Jed's side of the family and one with mine. Instead of buying a cake from the store, I found this cute cupcake cake mold and since my multi-talented husband (he got a hole-in-one the other day, 315-yards! but that's a story for another day) is quite the cake decorator, I thought we could give it a try. The first attempt didn't turn out so well, here's what survived of it (only the top half). Kyler didn't care what it looked like, only how it tasted. I know he liked it. :)






















Round 2. The second attempt looked a lot nicer!















I just love my baby Kyler and I'm excited to see what/who this little boy will become. I know I went a little picture crazy but how could I not? He's so fun to look at!




8 comments:

  1. that turned out way cute! Did you use a different kind of cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Jed couldn't have cuter boys! You definately have bragging rights on the sleeping thing, I am so jealous!! Happy Birthday Kyler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love Kyler!!!! Not only do you have bragging rights for sleeping you have cuteness bragging rights cause you and Jed make the cutest boys!!!!
    The picture of him looking ti the side with his cupcake....I had to take a double take ....easily could've been Zac with that expression!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your boys really are so darling but everytime I see Kyler I just want to squeeze him. He is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kyler should have totally won the baby picture contest. Im still mad about that:( Man I cant believe how fast a year has gone. And what a lucky kid to get two birthday cakes. That Jed he is a man of many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is such a darling boy! How can you resist that smile? One year. Crazy!! Looks like he had a great Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well your on my list now. :)

    ReplyDelete