Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, April 20, 2009

"Mom, you look so pretty...."


The other day after Jed had gotten home from work we were just talking in the kitchen with Brek sitting at the counter watching us and he says, "Mom, you look so pretty....(long pause)....when you're not mad." It was so funny and sweet because I could tell that he really meant it. Since then I have really tried to not be "mad" like Brek thinks I get. Those mean/ugly faces probably come after I have asked him for the 500th (ok, probably only 3rd or 4th) time to do something. Brek is such a thinker and I know that a lot of things that I might say to him, sarcastic or not, he takes quite literally. I have to remind myself that yes, he is ONLY 7 and to not expect so much from him. I'm sure it's hard being the big brother.


One other conversation with Brek that I don't want us to forget happened about a month ago. We were all in the car driving home and he asked how come some babies come out looking like their dads when they have grown for so long in the mom's belly. Jed and I just looked at each other, not sure exactly of what to say so I said well, what do you think? He says, oh I think I know...probably when the mom and dad kiss.....the dad gets lots of germs in the mom. Whoa! I just said that's pretty close and he was happy with his answer. Thankfully we were home by then and could get out of the car. I know we're not ready to have that conversation yet! He IS only 7!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, don't you just love being a mom! Those are the moments that make it worth it. You are so good at your blogging! I'm inspired now, I am going to get a new post up in the next 4-6 weeks!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mel! That was a close one! I guess the kids are getting younger and younger these days that the "talk" has to happen, but 7?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny, both of them actually. I did laugh out loud on the 2nd one though. How funny is that. I used to think babies were made when you drank out of a pregnant lady's straw, so he was way closer than I was. I never thought about how the first pregnant lady ever got pregnant :) What a cute kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classsic- here's one good thing about having all boys- you haven't had to have the vagina talk yet. I have had some funny ones from that- like Oh mom something happened to Coco's PeePee and mom so I guess Coco has two bums one in front one in back. WE finally had to have a sit down talk with both of them . Now COco says to pretty much everyone, Mom, David and Gabe have a Peepee and I have China.....

    ReplyDelete